Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscars 2010

As usual nobody tried something exciting except Zoe Saldana and Diane Kruger but I feel their effort didn't produce anything breathtaking.

In the case of Zoe Saldana I feel there is too much going on... I don't really like the tie-dye effect on dress, especially on occasions others than going to the beach. Just add the glittery bust and, wow it's just an overall mess.

I don't like the divisions on Diane Kruger's Chanel Couture dress... Plus the ruffles in the middle give an overall look of french cancan, not very appropriate for the Oscars...

My favorite looks


U-turn for Cameron Diaz from the SAG! Her dress is just perfect for this event.
Gold color, check.
Floor length, check.
A-line silouhette with a flowy skirt, check.
Sparkles, check.
I just wished she'd have chosen a softer lip color, it looks a little harsh with her blonde hair and gold dress.

I know it's black, but at least it's sparkly. I really love the nude/black effect on Tina Fey's Michael Kors dress. A huge step from the SAG as well.

 
Anna Kendricks look very etheral in this Elie Saab couture dress... She's very pale and the dress is almost like a second skin so I feel she should have tried to put her hair in the background... Maybe by getting some shades lighter or a tighter bun... I feel those dark hair are a little overwhelming .

 
Amanda Seyfried looks lovely here and I really enjoyed the Armani Prive collection... Too bad that Jennifer Lopez was wearing a dress from the same collection. Even if the design is pretty different, the sheer effect gives it away.

Not too bad

Sandra Bullocks brings a feeling of old Hollywood glamour in Marchesa... Unfortunately the gold brocade and the dark lips ages her a little bit too much...

Kate Winslet also looked very glamour in her YSL dress. It's simple and not black. A good look overall.

Even if I don't know why Miley Cyrus is invited to such an event, she managed to look good and somewhat age appropriate in a Jenny Packham dress yesterday. The skirt is lovely, I wish the entire dress was made of this fabric.

For once I like Kristen Stewart look. Maybe it's due to the fact that she's smiling, I don't know. Her Monique Lhuillier  dress is still all black, but let's go one step at a time. 

 
Both Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr have the perfect date for this event!

   
Other looks include Gabourey Sidibe in Marchesa, Elizabeth Banks in Atelier Versace, Queen Latifah and Mo'Nique.

Too bad
Carey Mulligan is a very pretty girl but sometimes she makes very questionable fashion choices.. I feel that the top of her petite frame is too heavy, from the chandelier earrings to the heavily beaded bust of her Prada dress... And then her legs are somewhat nude, due to the design of the skirt... Gives an overall unfinished feeling.

Vera Farmiga in a Marchesa  looks like she's about to get eaten by the amount of fabric on her dress.

 
It should have worked for me... I have a girl's crush on Rachel McAdams, I even liked her when she went through her pink hair phase... But even if her Elie Saab Couture dress has the design of an oscar dress, the print and the color don't make the cut for me. Same thing for Maggie Gyllenhal's Dries Van Noten dress.

What the hell is that ? It's sad that both of the worst looks on this red carpet came from Chanel Couture... The maison that I always used to associate with elegance and chic failed to deliver strong contenders yesterday. Poor Sarah Jessica Parker, she looks so contrite in this picture.

Sorry Demi Moore and Penelope Cruz, but it has already been done before. 

Well I said in the first sentence that nobody really tried and that the ones that did so failed in their attempt, but I feel that Charlize Theron did succeed. Her Christian Dior Couture dress is different from what we've seen so far and she look really statuesque in it. Even if I wish she would have sticked to the original design, I can't help but applaud the risk she took.

1 comment:

  1. J'aime bien les robes de Miley Cirus, Kristen Stewart, Rachel McAdams et Charlize Theron (à part les roses sur les seins...)

    ReplyDelete