Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Knife In Collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock - Colouring of Pigeons

I've recently talked about the Knife, well... Excuse me, I should say half of the Knife or Fever Ray, when I reviewed last.fm top 40 of the year, last December. I read some weeks ago that the band were working on an opera based off Charles Darwin's life and work... I was really intrigued and because I told myself that I would try more of them, I decided to give it a listen...

The Knife In Collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock - Colouring of Pigeons
I wouldn't be able to tell if it really fits the theme but the music and the voice of the main singer are quite enchanting and succeed in making you forgetting the track is 11mn after all.
I've been meaning to publish the song but I forgot until I saw yesterday that the Knife released digitally the whole opera on their website - we will have to wait till next month for a audio release.
That just means that if you're - like me -willing to try more of it, you know where to go! I'll be sure to give a listen to the album as I was really looking forward to the final project.

Update: I listened to it and I believe that opera is really not my cup of tea... I didn't enjoy this album so far... I'll give it another try for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment